Welcome to WebKEW!
After I published How to make a million dollars, I started getting a lot of email. People are asking great questions, especially about the Web and creating new Web sites. I thought it would be interesting to create a blog to answer questions and talk about different techniques that people are using on the web to make money. So here we are. The idea behind WebKEW is to collect together ideas, techniques, case studies, stories, etc. that will help you learn how to create successful web sites.
If you are interested in starting a business and making a million dollars, the Web is certainly one place to do it. And it is a relatively straightforward and inexpensive place. With the Web you can work from home in off hours. Depending on what you are trying to create, startup costs can be very low. You can try ideas on the web quickly and at relatively low cost until you find something that works.
WebKEW Table of Contents (updated weekly)
- Lesson #1 - Using Alexa
- Lesson #1a - Calibrating Alexa
- Lesson #2 - The different types of web sites
- Lesson #3 - How much money can you make with a web site?
- Lesson #4 - Where do visitors come from? Resonance.
- Lesson #5 - Collecting ideas
- Lesson #6 - Picking an idea
- Lesson #7 - How to handle email
- Lesson #8 - To blog, or not to blog?
- Lesson #9 - Creating a custom web site
- Lesson #10 - Getting yourself in motion
- Lesson #11 - Where do visitors come from? Links.
- Lesson #12 - Where do visitors come from? Advertising.
- Lesson #13 - Tuning a realtor web site
- Lesson #14 - Where do visitors come from? Search engines.
- An example of an idea
- An example of resonance - toothpastefordinner.com
- An example of resonance - 43things.com
- An example of resonance - MySpace
- An example of resonance - TheFaceBook.com
- An example of resonance - Contagious Media Showdown
- Case Study - YarnHarlot.com
- An example of resonance - EPIC
- Web ideas (IpodLounge.com)
- How is WebKEW doing at the 90-day point?
- An effective use of a web site to sell a retail product
- Interesting statistics from Alexa
- Getting in motion
- Two ways to get traffic
- Site vs. blog
- Take a look at Wikis
- Creating online stores
- Where to go to get web services
- 12 Months to Startup
- Tools and resources
- 15,000 page views per day
- Creating a billion-dollar idea
- Advice from the founder of GoDaddy.com
- Free photos for your web site
- Web design ideas
- Explaining your site
- Making Money with Blogs
- Blogging well
- Finding ideas, finding time
- Thinking big
- Why did HowStuffWorks have to become a business?
- The internet is revolutionizing again
- Celebrity Bloggers
- 10 year history of internet advertising
- WebKew home page (new stuff added constantly)