Sunday, July 17, 2005

How is WebKEW doing at the 90-day point?

At the two-month point, we took a look at the progress of WebKEW in this post. At that point, 60 days into this project, WebKEW had 383 links in Google.

Here we are about a month later, 90 days into the project, and there are two things to note:
  1. The number of links is continuing to grow. On June 17, WebKEW now has 4,940 inbound links according to Google:


    [Click for larger image]

    What kind of sites are linking to WebKEW? Go into Google, type WebKEW and you can see. It's all over the map, from personal web sites to blogs to social networking sites to business sites. There was a day where WebKEW appeared on the Popular list at Del.icio.us and that certainly generated some links. WebKEW benefited from some exposure on Digg.com. The folks at TeamDroid.com were nice enough to add WebKEW to their template and that is extremely helpful. And so on.

    To go from 400 links to 5,000 links in 30 days is a strong rise. When we look again in a month, the number of links may decline a bit as things adjust and settle out. Or they may continue growing at a more subdued pace. Or they may rise significantly again. Only time will tell. But you get the idea -- even if it does fall next month, the number of links into WebKEW is growing at a reasonable clip right now.

    Let me take a moment to say a special THANK YOU to everyone who has taken the time to link to WebKEW. It is truly appreciated.

  2. WebKEW has been assigned a PageRank by Google. WebKEW's PageRank is currently 6.


    [Click for larger image]

    A three-month period of time like that for the assignment of PageRank is fairly typical. A PageRank of 6 is a nice place to be for an initial PageRank. We will talk about where PageRank comes from, and what it means, tomorrow.
So things are proceeding.

If you are creating your own Web site, you should track your metrics like this. See how many links you have every 30 days. Wait 90 days see what PageRank Google assigns to you. As mentioned in this post, if you have only 1 or 2 inbound links after 90 days, that is telling you something. If you have 1,000 or 5,000 inbound links, that is telling you something else.

It will be interesting to see where we are a month from now. THANK YOU again to everyone who has been kind enough to link to WebKEW.

7 Comments:

At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have linked to WebKEW from my blog's template because I appreciate all of the "insider information" you have shared with me. Thank YOU! My blog is not huge (yet :-) but it can't hurt.

 
At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marshall, I don't mean to cut the celebration short and I don't mean to be rude, but I think you may have confused the number of references found in Google with incoming links? Google shows 160, not 4940, incoming links on my end. 4940 is the number of webpages that contain the keyword "WebKew".

Michael

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marshall, godefy.com is correct. Within google, if you use the link command and supply your web site url, you will get the 160 links:

link:http://webkew.blogspot.com

I love this site, keep up the good work, I am learning alot of information that I am putting to good use.

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are very welcome, your site is a fantastic resource on how to 'make it' on the 'net. The circulation of TeamDroid may not be all that large yet, but with some more hard work I'm hoping to turn the ideas and concepts found on WebKEW into a way for me to gain financial independence.
Thank you Marshall!

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I find it interesting when I put in my info and include the omitted results- it initially says 256 links, but when I go to the final page, I'm down to 249.
Anyone know what caused the change?

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, I found your blog while searching for the latest blog news covering Page Rank, and although How is WebKEW doing at the 90-day point? isn't a perfect match to what I am looking for, I certainly like the look and feel of your blog.

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Blogger, Your How is WebKEW doing at the 90-day point? message is well received. I am just out searching for information on Search Engine Position and related and ended up on your blog. Although I'm not an avid "blogger", I have decided to save yours and come back since the information provided has substance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home